Sunday 25 September 2011

Don't They Know It's Sunday?

I had the human up and awake at 5am this morning.  Unfortunately it was not to play with me but to clean up my vomit in the hall.  She was remarkably calm about it all, I had suspected that she might be somewhat grumpy considering the mess but all she did was put paper over it and take me out to the garden for a bit of fresh air.  Then we went back and had a nice sleep.  I was surprised but she was very kind.

One thing I have noticed about my human is that she doesn't seem to raise her voice, she tells me that she doesn't like noise very much and when we're inside she tells me things in a whisper.  This is new to me but I like it.  I am getting to know the House Rules but of course being of superior intelligence I only need to be told twice.  I have been following her from room to room so that I can keep an eye on her and make sure that she is behaving properly but soon I will let her out of sight for a few minutes.  Once I know she's not going to get locked in the bathroom or something like that.

My main complaint at this point in time is that humans don't seem to understand that Sunday is supposed to be a quiet day of doing nothing, sleeping the time away in peace and quiet.  The only point of being awake is to go out into the garden.  But, I will have my work cut out on this I fear.  I was all nice and settled when the human decides it's time to go for a walk.  A walk!  I ask you, what exactly did she think the purpose of that was going to be?

So, off we trotted, and I tried very hard to show that I remember the "lead manners" she taught me yesterday and she seemed to be very pleased with me.  I still tried to pull her along but I have realised that there may be no point to doing that as she just stands still and waits for me to come back.  She keeps saying "Dante Heel" which is her way of telling me to walk without pulling.  I might not make it obvious yet that I know that.  Anyway, it was so hot outside and I was pleased when we got into a shaded spot.  I stopped to scratch my ear and along came another human.  She had a bunch of flowers with her but I sniffed them and they weren't my type of thing.  The human wanted to pet me and that's all fine but I'm a boy and don't really go in for the mushy stuff.  I let her scratch my head and she told me I'm a handsome boy with lovely eyes.  Well, I know that but it was nice of her to remind me.  My human and that other one started to chat, the way humans do...I sat down and looked as bored as I could to make them talk faster.

Now we are home, its lovely and cool in this room so I'm going off to have a deserved nap.  The human is watching television, some kind of rubbish about nothing in particular.

Honestly, being energetic on a Sunday.  Whatever next.

No comments:

Post a Comment