Saturday 24 September 2011

Something Afoot

I knew the humans were up to something.  They've been acting even more strangely than usual for the past few days.  The other night I got put in the car, I don't enjoy the car and I let them know that by refusing to jump in.  I make them work and they lift me instead.  Humans are so easy to manipulate, they don't even realise it's part of my grand plan.

Anyway, I was then driven to some city or other and bundled out and made to walk for a while.  I do like walking, I especially like pulling a human along behind me.  We ended up at a big park with hills, trees, benches and that kind of stuff.  The human appeared to be meeting one of their kind but I pretended not to be interested in them.  The new human asked lots of questions about me and then took hold of my lead.  I did my best to pull and get my own way but this one is strong.  I think she may have done that before.

I did get a nice walk but I wasn't on my best behaviour I wanted to know what the humans were plotting and just how I'd become involved in it.  They took me back to the car and I made them lift me in again - I do so like being awkward about such things.  Then one human drove me out of the city and the other one disappeared.

Then, this morning I was once again put in the car and driven back to that city but this time my bed and treats were with me in the car.  I did wonder if we were going for a picnic or other adventure but when we parked the human from the other night was there waiting for us.  So it turns out this is going to be my new place to live.

New human is nice, she's very kind and has been helping me settle in.  We've been for two great walks but she doesn't seem to like being pulled and I think that I might have to start walking with manners.  But not yet, that would be too easy.  We laid on the floor together this afternoon and I had a sleep while she fiddled with some irritating noisy gadget of some sort.

I think I'm going to like it here.  But the human needs a lot of training.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you are settling in to your new home, Dante. And that you have your new owner/lackey under control by now. It may take some time, I suspect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dante, I've met your human, she's alright. But she will take some work. All humans do and she's better than most. Make sure she feeds you well and puts lots of photos on Facebook for the other humans to admire. My human does that and it's quite flattering really. I mean, I know I am a handsome cat, but it's always nice to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you are correct, Kellie. She needs a lot of patient training. But I shall subtly work on her. Starting by letting out very deep sighs and yawns to show her that her chit chat is tedious to a superior being such as I.

    Finn, my human does seem to be alright. She tells me that your human is also rather fab too. I have insisted that photos have been placed on that Facebook thing for the world to look at me in adoration. We ought to form a team and work together to train the humans. They'll never suspect that.

    ReplyDelete