Sunday 9 October 2011

On Danté's Behalf

Hi everyone, Danté asked me to update you all about his day today, he requested that I take him to the park and then spent over an hour chasing his ball and running around like a wild thing.  He's getting really good at understanding not to pull on his lead but he still needs a good bit of work on that.  I think he also needs to learn some dog-manners and try to curb his enthusiasm for playing with every dog he sees.  Thankfully he's not at all aggressive but he is incredibly bouncy, jumpy and overbearing.  He hasn't met a dog who stands up to him yet it seems all the others so far have been quite submissive.  I know he's young so he's got learning to do.

I can't quite believe that I've had him for two weeks already, I feel like he's been here for months.  He's reasonably good but definately the lab in him has that "dustbin dog" trait because if there's a tiny crumb to be found then you can guarantee Danté will hoover it up.  This morning I caught him trying to eat a whole box of chocolate biscuits, I'm not sure if he swallowed any but he's been totally fine so I reckon I stopped him before he could eat any.

As is customary in my life I've picked a birthday for Danté out of a hat, it came out as 12th November so that's going to be his special day, his adoption day is 24th September.  I like to have special dates to look forward to and plan something special for.  I need a good recipe for doggy birthday cake...

So, as Danté came home, had a drink and flopped out asleep it gives me some time to do other things.  I hope he's pleased with this update from what he calls an Inferior Being but I'm sure he'll let you all know.

No comments:

Post a Comment